Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Yesterday, I got into a last moment flight to Helsinki, and it landed 1000km North of Helsinki in Santa's official airport :-)
Was in a hotel last night, going back to airport now. Let's see what happens. Still no idea of how to get from Helsinki to Paris.
More updates as I figure them out :-).
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
As you might know, I am in India nowadays for my brother's wedding. Things, as usual, are very hectic, and I am writing this on my phone on the way to Chennai airport to pick up some guests who are coming for tomorrow morning's wedding ceremony.
Here is a set of disconnected observations and thoughts I wanted to share with you all. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
* weddings and other big family events are a wonderful occasion for family members to meet each other, some after many years. And when you meet your cousins after a long break, it does not take long to re-make that bond.
* The subway sandwich shop in Chennai has separate counters for veg and non-veg subs. And all halal meat. And no beef or pork. I just had an Italian BMT with chicken ham and mutton pepperoni. :)
* mosquitoes are evil.
* The streets of Patna are much safer now.
* I have lost my conditioning to the constant honking. Or maybe I never had it, having grown up in a walled campus and gone to college in another.
* Getting your blackheads removed hurts.
* BSNL 3G SIM cards will not work in Delhi or Mumbai. In Chennai, 3G will work but voice will not.
* Indian vodafone "zoozoo" ads are cool. Look for them on youtube.
* Indian soap operas are terrible. And addictive to parents :-(
* you cannot carry spare batteries in your carry on baggage.
* carrying an episode of Bones on your laptop is a great help on cheap domestic flights.
* It is hard to get attendees in a party to start dancing, but once it happens, it is great fun. Yes, photos and videos will be posted ;-). Also, remember to make some lemonade with salt and sugar to rehydrate if you plan to dance like a madman at your brother's pre-wedding party. :)
* Family _is_ the most important thing.
Getting ready to leave in a wedding procession at 5:30 tomorrow morning,
--sent from my Google HTC Magic--
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Monday, April 05, 2010
Sunday, April 04, 2010
Thursday, April 01, 2010
This post is regarding my upcoming India trip, and the wedding of my dear elder brother!
The wedding is in Chennai [his fiancée is from Chennai, they both work in Atlanta] on April 11th, and the reception is in Patna [my hometown] on April 15th.
I am flying out this Sunday afternoon, and am looking forward to a 2-week break off the grid! Well, almost. I will still be carrying my HTC Magic with Google Android, and a BSNL 3G SIM card, but don't expect quick replies to email :).
So, any tips for attending a Tam Brahm wedding?
P.S. As promised, here is an arranged-marriage themed video I played a short role in recently. It is a short film by Swati, and was shot near Paris. Thanks to the lovely Nishtha for not slapping me :P.