Wednesday, September 26, 2007

High School Dropout ?= Good Leader

I remember how I have had a lot of dinner table conversations about how there must be an educational standard for political leaders, and at some point it made some sense to me. Not any more though, after I have seen people with advanced degrees spill communal vitriol near me. However, a clear example always helps.

And the Daily Show comes to the rescue! Here is the clip of the interview that Jon Steward had with Evo Morales, the president of Bolivia. Apparently, he is not even educated up to high school, and is the first indigenous president of the country, and has apparently fulfilled his three main promises within 8 months!!

See the video for yourself to hear him talk about nationalization of his country's oil, the agrarian revolution, and his views on making sure the white-folk in Bolivia do not mind the changes. I wish Lalu was as good in fulfilling promises, and as humble in his interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment