Thursday, June 05, 2008

Listening to Both Sides

I believe in the power of informed decision making. Therefore, although I am a liberal at heart [and support Barack Obama], I am more than willing to hear the other side's point of view. The sad fact is, most of the spokespeople of both sides are either loud or loony or both, making it tough to separate reasoning from propaganda.

Which is why over the past year or two, I have loved left right and center on KCRW, which is "the civilized, yet provocative antidote to the screaming talking heads that dominate political debate".

And today, I was exposed to George Will, who appeared on an interview on the Colbert Report, and whom Stephen Colbert called "a formidable opponent". I loved how Mr. Will explained the difference between democrats and liberals. Also, upon reading his wikipedia profile, I came to know that he writes for NewsWeek, and realized where I had seen his face :). [yes, I regularly read NewsWeek also :)]

Anyways, 'nuf said -- here is the video.


cheers,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment