Friday, March 03, 2023

Life, the Universe, and Everything (and my plan for the next year)

I turn 42 today (for those who got the H2G2 reference), and it's impressive to see that my previous blog post was 7.5 years ago!

To catch you up, a lot has changed in that time, since we moved to Southern California: Anjali is now leading her team at ASSC, and myKaarma (the company that my friends started and I joined) has grown by leaps and bounds, and I continue to have fun as the head of the R&D+Engg.

On the personal front, I recently started surfing, and can even catch small waves and stand up (pop-up, in surfer-speak) now! It has taught me a lot about the value of persistence and tenacity, and of being with nature - even on bad days, watching the pelicans fly in formation overhead, and the occasional dolpin is worth waking up early :-).

Perhaps the biggest struggle for me has been a scatterbrained mind and failure to follow through in projects I started (and the subsequent guilt). FWIW, this blog post was originally planned for Jan 1, 2023!

So here's the plan: my mantra for this coming year will be simple and straightforward: 

                        make mistakes. 

I've been blessed with enough cushion (material and social) in my life that small to medium-sized mistakes won't matter, and hopefully while trying things (the first step making said mistakes), sometimes I'll succeed, thus starting some virtuous cycles.

That's it for this post; hopefully I'll be able to write more often. Or maybe this was a bad idea, but isn't that the point? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your post :) and I've a note to read H2G2 before I turn 42 !

    ReplyDelete