Monday, September 10, 2007

Long Time no Write

Hi all,
I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last post! At the same time, I hope my status links on IM have kept you all entertained/informed :-).

The last couple of months were marked by a lot of activity, esp the visit of mom and dad, which had me freaked out, and a paper submission.

Well, all said and done, it has gone off well. My parents had a good time here, and are now in Atlanta, with my big bro.

This past long weekend, I drove a thousand miles in two days (!!) to grand canyon and back. The trip was nice, and mom took a lot of snaps. [yes yes... I will upload them soon.. please don't kill me]. Perhaps the most memorable part of the trip (apart from the Grand Canyon scenes themselves) was when we say rain clouds pour away in the distance... complete with lightening strikes. I could swear I saw two strikes simultaneously at a time!

The paper submission to the conference went fine. And now, off to more such endeavors!

In other news, Sushant sent me the link to this very interesting article, which uses game theory to explain why we should/should not be selfish. Read more here. I am thinking of buying the book.

That's all for now... more when I upload the pics.
cheers,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment