Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What is the sound of one earth quaking?

The past some days have been disastrous -- and I mean the natural kind -- Myanmar, Central USA, Chile, and now China.

I know nearly all of you know about this -- but there is nothing like audio [short of video] to convey the extent of this.

I urge you all to listen the clip on this NPR page -- as Melissa Block was able to capture the moment of the quake right there in Chengdu [she was interviewing someone when the quake struck]. I know of friends here at USC whose parents are choosing to spend the next couple days in a makeshift shelter [although their house is intact] to avoid aftershocks.

Sad. Kinda reminds me of the Latur and Bhuj quakes, esp this piece about a school -- reminiscent of the kids who dies singing the National Anthem on Jan 26, 2001.

:-|

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment