Monday, November 03, 2008

D-day minus 1

[update: For a quick summary, listen to NPR's It's all Politics for Oct 30. Also, NPR's Political Junkie Ken Rudin gives it to Obama.]

Tomorrow, Nov 4., 2008, will be a red-letter day [or a blue-letter one, depending on who wins :)].

Not a lot to post today, since the pics and videos from the Salon du Chocolat and the Diwali function at maison de l'inde from yesterday are still in my camera. However, I am sure there will be a lot of buzz tomorrow and wednesday, once the results, and the voter-fraud lawsuits, are announced.

Where will I get my news from? Why NPR of course, loads of info, no BS. Sadly, I won't be going to any of the several bars in Paris which will have live election coverage tomorrow night.

All said and done, I do believe that no matter who wins, the US foreign policy of hypocrisy in trade and fake-belief in free markets [allow US farmers to sell their corn in India without restrictions, but please pay duties when you want to sell Indian Sugarcane in the US] will continue. However, I do feel [hope?] that Obama will bring a more pragmatic approach to the internal policies, esp civil liberties and the such.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the next 4 years go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sanguine. I really like the idea of Obama. Let's hope I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @1conoclast: welcome to my blog :).

    ReplyDelete