Friday, November 14, 2008

Some Good News on Children's Day

Today, November 14, is celebrated in India as Children's Day. I wish I was there today, and contribute in a more concrete manner, but the least I can do is point you to some good work being done on the occasion.

Here, from the latest addition to my google reader, is a post about how kids in Karnataka are being introduced to ideas of responsible self-government.

Read the post, you won't regret it.

P.S. Another good news is that one of my good friends is pregnant :). Yay for you-who-sent-me-her-pot-bellied-pic-yesterday :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:26 PM

    MakkaLa Panchayat! Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for pointing this out :-)


    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Animesh,

    I want to introduce you to the NGO I work with -- GiveIndia.

    GiveIndia is a transparent and trustworthy NGO that connects donors and NGOs.

    This Children's Day, make a secure online donation to help a child living in poverty, by clicking on the link below

    http://www.giveindia.org/t-children-day.aspx

    GiveIndia is the prferred choice of many NRIs because they know exactly how their money is being used and how it helped change a life.

    ReplyDelete