We [me + some very smart folks] are working on a new idea, of a software platform which will be open source, and will allow people/groups to perform common tasks (discussed below).
Where you come in
We are looking for a name, and I would greatly appreciate suggestions from you. The idea is that the name will be of the software which can then be used by various sites (something like "powered by $name$ v2.1"). It is OK to suggest nouns/adjectives etc, even in non-english languages (e.g., Ubuntu), or mythological characters, as long as there is a connection between the name and the ideas we want to project. Without divulging too much, here are the key words/concepts that we want to portray:
- Tracking, but not of a virtual/coding activity like bugs or issues, but or real world stuff (e.g, tracking the progress of how much a cake has baked so far)
- Accountability, transparency
- We are looking for something with a positive connotation (e.g., progress), as opposed to negative one (e.g., supervision, watchdog, etc.)
- Involvement, participation
- The name should not be about "what" is being tracked/monitored, but the act itself.
Well, in addition to my heartfelt gratitude to all those who send in their suggestions, the person who provides the selected suggestion will get his/her name and website prominently displayed on the "credits" page of the project website. :)
Thanks a lot in advance.
P.S. Anyone in LA on March 5th (Saturday)? Come celebrate my 30th birthday with me on the beach, with Holi colors :). Details coming soon.