Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Command-line Life Partner

R pointed me [via /.] to this craigslist personal ad for a g33ky girl.

Some glimpses:
I am part of a dying breed of people known as "shell users." We are an old-fashioned bunch, preferring the warm glow of a green screen full of text over the cold blockiness of a graphical interface. We use ssh, scp, and even occassionally ftp.
[...]
Because there are fewer and fewer of us, I must help keep our lineage alive. I am looking for someone to help me do this. I need a woman (obviously) who is willing to raise a child with me in the method of Unix. Our child will be introduced to computers at a young age, and will be setting emacs mode before any other child can even read. I earn a sufficient income to support a family in modest comfort. Other than the fact our child will be bright, text-based and sarcastic, we will otherwise be a normal family. We will even go to Disney World and see Mickey Mouse.)
[...]
on the issue of relocation. I live in a place where my income/expense ratio is proper (i.e., greater than 2:1). I'm willing to live anywhere in the world where this remains true.

All in all, an interesting take on the personals ad. I am sure that if the girl uses command-line like him and responds to him, they will also share a lot of other interests.

Now to find someone like above ... who also happens to love the Ganges ;).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:20 PM

    check this

    http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Command_Line

    ReplyDelete