Friday, September 05, 2008

A more Honest Union [and corn on the cob]

Although you all must watch both the Daily Show and the Colbert Report for yesternight, here are the best segments, in my opinion. [btw, see the comments on my previous entry on this topic, for very interesting links]

First: The coal-bear praises the new Veep nominee.


And then, Sam B asks the republicans about.. you know.. when you have two things, and you can have only one.. you make a... what's the word?


Seriously, watch the full episodes :).

In other news, I was walking in the post-rain Paris today, after my medical exam [for the work permit], and I smelt the fragrance of corn being roasted! Just like those days in Banaras :). And sure enough, there was this desi-looking guy, selling 1 euro corn-on-the-cobs. And unlike the US version, and very much like the Indian version, it was NOT sweet :).

Needless to say, I was soon sitting in the Parisian Metro, eating my Indian-style bhutta :).

P.S. NPR on the "facts". And more.

No comments:

Post a Comment