1. Blood sample was taken yesterday. Yes sir, yes sir, 2 vials full.
2. This morning, met the doctor. He said blood test confirms this is toxoplasmosis, and that it is a recent infection (a lot of antibodies, not enough memory cells in blood). He again said that salads can also cause this.
3. To reduce the inflammation, he gave me some steroids.
4. To reduce the side-effects of the steroids, he gave me Calcium, Vitamin D, and Potassium tablets.
5. Since I am taking said steroid, I cannot take salt, for fear of water retention in my arms!
To know which steroid I am taking, and for a complete list of its side-effects, see this wikipedia page on Prednisone.
On a lighter note, the 2nd K&K podcast of 2009 with me in it is now online.
Click here to listen to our conversation, where
Animesh continues to tell us about the highlights of his adventures in India in episode 222, and makes some interesting reflections about the way things have changed since he last visited. In true k&k style, we derail on everything from arranged marriages to indian-chinese food to old school teachers to infomercials!